The Australian government has introduced strict social safety measures to try and slow the spread of COVID-19. One of these measures is that all open homes are now canceled. These are important changes to protect the health of our society, but obviously this can have a massive impact on showing your listings.
Thankfully, technology can help overcome some of these issues. Agents that can adapt in these times and use technology to their advantage, will find themselves recognised as leaders in this new environment.
Virtual Open Home – Facebook Live
Did you know that you can create a virtual open home from Facebook? This is a great way to interact with your potential buyers in a live environment.
This can be achieved with a few simple steps
- Create your event on Facebook. Each open for open home time will have its own event. Plan these ahead of time so that it gives you the best chance of people seeing the event and RSVPing. Click here for a guide on creating Facebook events.
- Before the open home, make sure the property is ready for viewing. Treat this like people would be inspecting in person
- Use your mobile phone camera to ‘go live’ in the event. You want to provide a tour of the property, while also being able to answer any questions your potential buyers might have.
Our top tips for a great virtual open home
- Ensure the house is well lit. Open any blinds and turn on all lights. Using a phone camera can sometimes darken a space.
- Have a second person film you and the property.
- Have a plan to show off the property features. You are essentially creating a virtual tour of the property, so make sure you speak to the key features and show them off.
Video Property Tours
Creating video tours of your listings is a great way for potential buyers to “see” the property without attending an open home.
Video tours can be added to your listings in Arosoftware and then these will display on your website as well as the portals you feed to.
Our top tips for creating a video property tour
- There are a number of companies that can film and produce your tours for you. However, mobile phones today have great cameras and can produce good looking video tours. Free video editing tools like iMovie or OpenShot are easy to learn and provide basic editing functionality.
- Have a plan to show off the key property features.
- Take your time. Remember, you have seen this property a number of times, but you are showing this to a potential buyer. Don’t rush through the house, give people the time to see the important details.
Private Inspection Bookings
Now that you can no longer use open homes, creating private inspection appointments is more important than ever.
Now is the time to speak to your vendors about the need for extra flexibility. Those who are serious about selling in this market will need to understand that private inspections will increase and may have an extra impact.
Our tips for promoting private inspections
- Any promotional material (video tours, handouts, marketing copy) needs to advise that the listing is available for a private inspection.
- Platforms such as InspectRealEstate allow for potential buyers to book in inspection times. Connecting this to your Arosoftware accounts means the booking option is available from your website. Contact our support team to help get this setup.